Like the MamaLand Empire!

Have you Liked the AliyahLand adventure?
      ...and sign up for weekly aliyah tips by email (it's free).

Top Seven Reasons Making Aliyah is Like Having a Baby

image #7 People keep asking when it’s going to happen already. 

#6 Even if you give them the date, you have to keep telling them, over and over and over...

#5 People who aren't doing it ooh and aah and tell you how magical everything will be and how lucky you are. 

#4 People who have done it before either tell you their horror stories (or just hint slyly about the kind of horror stories they would tell you, if they were the kind of person to do that sort of thing, which – lucky for you! - they're not). 

#3 People who did it years ago sit back muttering about how everything was completely different in their day.

#2 People who have done it recently act like they're the first in history to have this totally unique, eye-opening, life-changing experience experience. 

And then, all joking aside, there’s the most important reason…

#1 Everyone who does it is partnering with Hashem in fulfilling the destiny of klal Yisrael (the Jewish people).

Have a happy day!

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled upon this and I have item # 8. Weight gain - I gained 10 lbs with my aliyah (just like I did after my other pregnancies). Thank G-d, after 5 years I am starting to take it off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. Glad there is hope - even if it's in the long term. Thanks for stumbling by! :-)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Google